Rose pasta sauce and garlic bread for the cutest Saturday night dinner w the fam ♥️
This recipe is FRESH, like the perfect lead into spring – I think it’s the variety of vegetables in it and also the lemon juice that kicks it into gear. Re the lemon juice, it’s a subtle flavour but brings out everything else in a beautiful way.
I made this on a whim one time and it’s become my mother’s favourite dish! Very pleased with it.
I haven’t had rose pasta sauce many times in my life, in fact I cannot remember ever having tried it before. Going vegan has opened up my mind up to so many different kinds of recipes and uncover the potential of so many more ingredients.
- Sautey 2 cloves of chopped garlic and half an onion (diced) until golden/translucent in medium sized pot
- Toss in 8 sliced mushrooms (I just used Cremini) and let them soften
- Pour in a cup of diced tomatos (from a tin or cut fresh yourself) and 5 basil leaves (I slice these up into smaller pieces to activate them)
- Add a dash of salt, and let these ingredients simmer together while you make the cashew cream:
- Blend 1 cup of raw cashews and 1/4 cup of hot water until you get a smooth consistency (add more water if necessary)
- Pour in your cup of cashew cream, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, and 2 tbsp of apple cidar vinegar (This creamy addition is what turns a red sauce PINK, hense ‘rose’ meaning pink in italian)
- Stir and then let simmer
- Taste and add more of any of these ingredients as you see fit (I usually opt for a bit more lemon juice)
- Serve with your favourite pasta and some vegan garlic bread + salad
Let me know if you try this out and what you think of it!
❗️VEGAN FACT❗️: Eating a high carb diet will increase your chances of living a longer and healthier life! You should not be avoiding carbs ever – they give you energy – so enjoy pasta! Most pasta is vegan as well – just check the labelling or ensure that you are making it vegan if you create pasta from scratch! 🙂
The Vegan Remedy