Check out this gorgeous HODGEPODGE of a SAUCED UP veggie mix 🤗🌽
PACKED with protein, iron, fibre, magnesium, the list goes on… Scroll down for everything Included➡️🍑
I adore the cheesey cashew queso sauce…it’s incredibly easy to make, creamy in taste, and has a jalapeño bite to it 🌶 I’ve also made this sauce to pair with chips & salsa, veggie bites, and more! 💃🏻
For some further protein on the side, I cooked up a bit of tofu after marinating it in small portions of different flavours for 30 mins. ⏰
Food is meant to be a medicine for the body. It remedy’s and strengthens any weaknesses that might be festering (i.e lack of sleep / sunlight / fresh air, mental/physical stress, emotional/hormonal imbalance, recent or long-term illnesses, etc.). You should never feel lethargic after eating; you should be rejuvenated. This was a feeling that I never realized was possible until going fully vegan.💯
❗️VEGAN FACT #6❗️: 80% of ALL antibiotics used in the US are fed to factory farm animals while humans only account for 20%. Still want that cow burger?💊🐮
Recipe: Salad (for 1, with leftovers 🤗):
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 tomato
- 1 cup greens (salad mix)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Steam sweet potato to your liking of softness. Cube and set aside.
- Chop salad mix up into small pieces.
- Cube tomato
- Combine sweet potato, black beans, sweet corn, tomato, and greens into a large bowl.
- Add nutritional yeast and spices to blender with cashews. Pour in part of 1 cup of boiling water and top up as you blend. Also taste and adjust the amount of spices as you go.
- Pour sauce into the large bowl of vegetables and mix together! Be careful not to overmix as it will go mushy. Spoon onto plate and enjoy!
- 1/2 block of extra-firm tofu
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ginger powder or shavings
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cut up tofu into rectangular slabs (1 cm thickness works).
- Prick tofu pieces with a fork from one end to the other. This is crucial! You will not get the full flavour throughout if you do not prick.
- To make the marinade: Combine ingredients and adjust to taste in a container that is large enough to fit the tofu pieces.
- Place tofu pieces in marinade and set in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- When ready, pan fry the pieces on medium-high heat, turning on all sides to get them golden brown.
- Dry them of oil using paper towel and serve.