Chocolate + Peppermint crinkle cookies for the cold first day of January winter air
The way these bake in with crushed candy canes is so cool and the texture is just incredible. ❄️
Start your year off right with some guilt-free comfort food
Happy New Year everyone!! ♥️
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup vegan milk (Oat, Soy, Almond, Cashew)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for rolling
- In a large bowl, stir in sugar and coconut oil until well combined and smooth.
- Add the ground flax seeds, milk and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt using either a sifter or fine mesh strainer.
- Stir until combined with the wet ingredients and a soft dough is formed.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Scoop out a heaping tbsp of dough at a time, and shape into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the powdered sugar very generously, covering all sides. The more powdered sugar, the prettier the cookies will be.
- Place the balls onto prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart so they have room to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 F until set. They will appear slightly undercooked and soft, but will firm up as they cool.
- Store any extra cookies in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Enjoy!
❗️VEGAN FACT #61❗️: On average, vegans save 1,100 gallons of water per day.