Caramelized apple scones for tea time 🙂 🍏 🫖
My sister is a master at creating these, it really is her recipe. 👩🍳
The process is so gratifying…check out the video below of cooking the apples and spices. The glorious smell fills up the whole house!
Also, scroll down for recipe. My sister cleverly followed an old family non-vegan instructional and veganized it, or as she says “translated” to a language we can understand ; cruelty-free. 🐄
Sub dairy ingredients for plant-based.
Topped it with a dollop of coconut cream. Many people don’t know about this – I certainly didn’t until way too late in life. 😤 Open a tin of coconut milk and leave it in the fridge with its lid cracked open either over night or at least for a couple of hours. ⏰ It solidifies and can be used as-is or whipped up into delicious and refreshing whipped cream! 👅
Not as sweet as you may be used to, comparing it to the whipped cream that comes from an aerosol can, but so good and nowhere near as bad for you (i.e. 30 cals and 4 g of healthy fats in each tablespoon)😌. It’s so good for you, you can even put it on granola/muesli cereals for breakfast!
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegan milk (Oat, Soy, Almond, Cashew)
- Sift flour, salt, & baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, then add butter and massage in until mixture is like fine bread crumbs. Proud in milk and mix to soft dough
- knead bought lightly on a lightly floured counter, then roll out to 1/2-inch/1-cm thick. stamp out circles, 2-5 inch in diamtre.
- place circles on lightly greased cookie sheet (or save planet and use reusable silicon baking sheet)
- bake in preheated oven at 425 F/220 C for 15 minutes (until well risen and lightly browned). Let cool
- 3 sweet apples, peeled + cored + sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1/3 coconut cream
- add apple, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon in pan. add 1 1/4 cups of water and bring to a boil and then let simmer, uncovered for 5-10 mins (until apples are tender). Cool slightly, then remove apples from pan.
- Cut scone in half, top with caramelized apples and a dollop of coconut cream
❗️VEGAN FACT #52❗️: We never started drinking another animal’s breast milk until the world wars. Farmers were asked by the government to cheaply and immorally produce huge quantities of it. When the wars ended, there were so many more cows that had been forcibly produced by farmers to feed and house, the farmers were losing money. The government helped the businesses to survive and flourish by enabling them with marketing collateral that spread lies like ‘this different animal’s breast milk is healthy for us humans to drink’. And so, milk became a staple in our everyday shop and humans have never suffered from more diseases cause by dairy in human history.
Georgia’s Vegan Remedy