Relaxing mornings with pancake breakfasts 🥞☕️😌
Perfect to have for a petit dejeuner this weekend!! 🤗🙏🥂
These are the absolute best pancakes I have ever had 👅 Inspired by Merle from Buzzfeed!
Ridiculously fluffy ☁️ , sweet & savoury, quick to cook up ⏰ , and leave you feeling 💯…I am not kidding you guys, this is the real flippin deal 🥣
Mix in chocolate chips 🍫 , blueberries, or bananas to the batter if you feel so inclined😋
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Additions/toppings: Dark chocolate chips, blueberries, strawberries, coconut cream, maple syrups, lemon juice + brown sugar
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt
- In a separate bowl, mix together the non-dairy milk, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar
- Combine the two mixtures and whisk until smooth
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Add in chocolate chips/blueberries/bananas if you fancy 🙂
- Pour the batter into a nonstick pan or griddle (medium heat) at about 1/2 cup at a time
- When you see the pancake bubble, flip and cook until it’s golden brown.
- I like to top it with a variety of different fruits, maple syrup, and coconut cream, or just with lemon juice and a bit of brown sugar!
Tasty (Buzzfeed) became an overnight success for it’s short and sweet how-to recipe videos 🎥 Creating beautiful and complex-tasting meals in an easy-to-process and visual way, they have been a leader in the space for years 🎖.
Especially over the last year, Tasty has taken on an entire vegan side, and it’s parent company, Buzzfeed, launched @goodful 🌱 From demoing accessible recipes that are plant-based, to settibg up and recording eye-opening 👁 vegan challenges😤, they have built an employee base that is focused on the vegan movement 🌊.
Please check out @merleeshay, a creator for Tasty/Goodful (Buzzfeed) who cooks up the most wild dishes 🤯 out of common household ingredients (i.e Calamari out of coconut🥥 ). She is an absolute legend 🔥🔥
❗️VEGAN FACT #26❗️: Buttermilk is commonly used to make pancakes, breads, and other baked goods. It’s also a type of fermented milk, so the potential long-term side effects of it are; weight gain, increased blood pressure & cholesterol, etc. Meanwhile, you can make a vegan version using one cup of non dairy milk and one tbsp of apple cider vinegar (for one serving). Done. No health risks involved.
Georgia’s Vegan Remedy